Here are some of the content sites that offer an opportunity to writers to earn from writing : Triond, Bukisa, Factoidz, Expertscolumn, Wikinut, yousaytoo, Snipsly, Squidoo, Hubpages, and many others.
These content websites offer residual income or Google Adsense earnings on different payment terms.
Advantages of writing for a content website :
1. The content website is already established and has a marketing team to promote the site. A better chance of exposure and Alexa page ranking.
2. Ready on-site tools for writers.
3. Enjoy networking with fellow writers or the website community. The opportunity to exchange ideas easily and learning from each other.
4. Steady income if you write on a regular basis and other bonuses from time to time.
Disadvantages for writers :
1. Unless the content website is already established and running for how many years, writers are still uncertain whether one day the website will just disappear or will still pay its writers.
2. Need to comply with the rules, terms, and conditions.
3. Your submitted articles will still go through the editorial process.
Blogging is the most popular medium of expressing oneself or a tool for marketing a business or services. Here are some of the blogging platforms :
Blogspot, Wordpress, Spacejournal, Serendipity, Loudblog, Textpattern, and others alike. Bloggers earn through joining affiliate programs such as Google Adsense, Adgitize, Amazon, Infolinks, and a lot more.
Advantages of blogging over writing for a content website :
1. Full control of its content and design.
2. A centralized venue to promote your online activities through banners, referral links, products, and other information you want to include.
3. You set your own rules and work without much pressure.
|Google Adsense earnings through blogging.|
Image via Wikipedia
Disadvantages of blogging :
1. You need to establish your blog in the web. It takes a lot of factors to have a successful blog. Some of them are original and updated content, good SEO, appropriate design, and fast loading time. It is usually years to become an establish one.
2. With the billions of competing blogs and websites, you need to take time learning how to optimize your blog to be indexed and earned from it.
3. Slow income, you need to find your niche to increase your income.
So, what do you think is better? For a writer who wants to maximize their time and effort, the answer will not to choose either of the two. If you can have them both, it is better. You need to choose the content websites you are writing for where your skills and time are compensated.
On the other side, having a blog of your own will not be a hindrance but will be a complimentary tool to promote your content sites. Triond, Factoidz, and Bukisa offers available widgets that you can easily set in your blog with your updated content articles. A good time management is necessary to achieve balance between the two.