There is no doubt about the benefits of honey for good health and as home remedies. Here are some medicinal benefits of honey adapted from the research conducted by D.C. Jarvis M.D from his book Folk Medicine
Benefits of Honey
- Rich in vitamins such as Vitamin C.
- Great source of potassium which helps fight bacteria in fever.
- Not irritating to the lining of the digestive tract, soothing to the stomach.
- It helps in getting sleep for its sedative effect on the body, it is advisable to take it before bedtime.
- Help builds energy quickly and recovery from fatigue. This can also be taken in the morning to have a body boost during the day.
image via wikipedia
Honey Home Remedies
Cough. Extract the juice of a fresh lemon fruit in a drinking glass, add two tablespoonfuls, and honey. Stir them well before taking. In the absence of lemon, use apple-cided vinegar instead.
Burns. Helps in rapid healing of burned skin and prevents forming of blisters.
Control Muscle Cramps. Legs and feet are the most common parts of the body that cramps from time to time. To help control the cramps, take two teaspoonful of honey at every meal. Continue using honey until muscles back to normal.
It also helps in stuffy nose, hay fever, as a supplement by athletes and in bed wetting.