Start your christmas shopping expeditions to the cosmopolitan city of Amsterdam, Holland (or The Netherlands). Amsterdam is a world renowned tourist destination in Europe with its small canals around the city. Experience a sightseeing canal cruise along its waterways to appreciate more of the intricate architectural beauty of the buildings and illuminated canals during evening. Have a glass of drink at Pubs, stylish cafes and bars with live music at the central Amsterdam.
Visit flea markets, street markets , antique shops, novelty stores, souvenir shops where the famous wooden clog shoes can be fouund, chic boutiques, and high fashioned jewelry stores. There are a lot of gift items to choose from and bring home for souvenirs.
Other travel attractions at Amsterdam:
- Take the Volendam tour, a Dutch traditional village where you can visit the clogmaker and cheesemaker shop. Holland is also famous for its various selection of delicious cheese exported around the world. See decorative traditional houses, windmills, flower gardens on the Zaanse Schans town and experience the old Dutch way of life.
- Art enthusiast can visit the famous painter Van Gogh museum
- Visit Diamond factories
- Visit to Anne Frank's house, the jewish girl who survived during the Nazi regime.
- Discover little Holland at Madurodam Miniature Village
- Flower festival at Keukenhof Flower Garden
|Old Dutch houses at Volendam|