It is not enough that we protect ourselves while travelling, securing our home will be the next important thing to prepare before departure. If you are traveling with the family and nobody will be left home, securing your home is essential to keep it from burglary. Here are the things that we can do before travel date:
- Leave a copy of your itinerary, contact, and accommodation details during the duration of your travel. Endorse it to the closest person next to your family so that for any emergency, you can easily be reached.
- Before leaving, check the locks of your doors and windows if they are in good condition. Replace any that is not properly working.
- Buy a good alarm system for your home. Alarm system can warn the neighborhood for any untoward incidents from your home. Ask an expert to install necessary alarm system for your home and car.
- Inform any paper or any other subscription you may have.
- Make sure that you have enough outside lightings so as not to appear your home is empty. Attach a timer to a few lights in different parts of your home.
- While on vacation, try to get in touch back home to check it.