Care and safety use of contact lenses will spare you from eye infection. Here are some of safety tips you can do to protect them:
- When storing lenses, do not just add solution to the case. Dispose the old solution and replace with new one.
- Avoid using tap water for cleaning, storing, and rinsing contact lenses. Water can include microorganisms that can cause infections.
- For travelers, make sure that an appropriate contact lenses kit is with you when on vacation.
- Do not wear contact lens in swimming pool, contamination from the pool is high. Use good quality goggles to protect eyes.
- Store contact lenses in a safe and clean environment such as in your room instead in bathroom. This will avoid airborne contamination that may acquire inside the bathroom.
- If you experience irritation and pain, immediately remove the contact lenses and check if there is a foreign body. Consult a doctor if irritation persists.