|Activities for senior citizens after retirement.|
Stay positive. Although anxiety usually comes in with the elderly, try to counteract the worries and enjoy life instead. Every morning is a new day, do something that would keep the spirit alive.
Explore new horizons. Travelling is one of the most enjoyable and enriching activity after years of hardwork since taking a vacation is often missed because of end to end schedules. An exploration of new environment gives an opportunity to see more of the beauty of the world, increase knowledge, widens perspective, and able to meet people of different culture.
Pursue and widen interests. In younger days, personal interests and hobbies are being neglected because the main focus are generating income and taking care of the family. Now is the time to pursue personal pastimes like writing, gardening, painting, playing a musical instrument, go into sports, learn new things in the computer such as joining social media groups and other networking sites. Browse the web with subjects of interest and discover untold wealth of information. It is never too late to learn and keep up with the new generation.
Keep the heart,mind, and body healthy.
• Avoid heated arguments and emotional conflicts. Have a regular cardiovascular check-up with the family doctor.
• Secure life and travel health policies for medical needs. One leading online provider of these policies is ehealth insurance with eApproval features just in minutes.
• Quit smoking and drink alcohol moderately. Too much alcohol is bad for arthritis, overweight, and cardiovascular diseases.• Exercise regularly by doing light exercises or taking a brisk walk around the neighborhood. Walking stimulates the senses and it gets the blood circulating.
• Eat plenty of protein,iron,ascorbic acid and calcium.
• Drink plenty of plain water without sugar or caffeine and other liquids with chemicals. Water can keep the body balance and help maintain healthy weight. It also reduces drowsiness and fatigue.
• Cut down on butter, fats and oil.
• Our body needs exercise so as our mind. Continue to be updated with the latest news and keep the habit of reading books. Reading helps largely in sharpening memory.
Build Relationships. Spend quality moments with family and enjoy being around with grandchildren as well as taking time to have some coffee moments with valued friends who had been there through the years. Build new relationships by joining a group which brings a sense of belongingness and worthiness. One example is do volunteering in church or joining charity activities which are opportunities to share oneself in giving time to those in need.
Reconnect with yourself. Have a regular schedule of giving yourself alone without the noisy distractions around. Take time to reconnect with your own self and just enjoy the serenity by meditating peacefully in silence. Keep the religious faith within and reconnect soul to the divine spirit. Meditation and prayer can keep the mind healthy and rejuvenates the soul.