HAIR TYPES :
Normal Hair Shiny yet not greasy and fairly easy to manage. Strands are separate and sticks to your head.
Oily Hair. Looks good for one to two days after shampooing but quickly become lifeless and usually prone to dandruff.
Dry Hair. Usually dull,brittle, and has split ends. Hair breaks very easily.
Combination Hair. Combination of both greasy and dry hair. It has an oily roots but with hair dry ends.
HAIR CARE TIPS :
- Our hair grows about 1/4 to 1/2 inch every month, it should atleast have a haircut every five to six weeks to avoid split ends. Split ends comes from the Greek root "tricho" meaning hair and "ptilosis" meaning "falling out of the eyelashes".
- A medium length haircut will give width to tall women while small-thin women can have various hair except for a long hair that will highlight the height.
- Use wide-toothed comb after shampooing your hair when it is still wet to separate the tangles. According to the study conducted by Jean-Baptiste Masson, from the Laboratory for Optics and Biosciences of the Ecole Polytechnique in France, curley hair gets less tangled than straight hair. Avoid using metal combs on your hair which can cause hair tear. Do not over comb your hair, if you have a dry hair it will lose its natural oils while it over-activates the oil glands for oily hair.
- Swimming, overshampooing, hair colorings, electric curlers,excessive blow-drying, and too much exposure to wind and sun are causes of common hair abuse that can lead to dry damage hair. A warm coconut oil thrice a week and almond oil works on dry hair.
- Regular hair conditioning helps the hair to be smooth and healthy.
- Invest in a good shampoo and use a product according to your type of hair. When shampooing, use your fingertips to scrub your scalp and make sure your rinse your hair thoroughly especially for oil hair.
- Beer and milkless tea are excellent hair rinse to give body to hair.
- Give your head and scalp a massage for relaxation, it promotes blood circulation.
- One of the common scalp problem is dandruff which is frequently caused by an overly oily scalp. Treat dandruff immediately so as not to build up flakes that causes itching. Be careful to excessive scratching, it can wound the scalp and be prone to infection. Use a nonmedicated mild shampoo to control the problem with an equal amount of distilled water to control the oil without aggravating the scalp. If the problem persist, use a dandruff shampoo with selenium sulfide or zinc pyrithione.
- Eat a well-balanced diet with foods for a healthier hair such as lots of protein, fresh fruits, salmon, dark green vegetables, beans, nuts,whole grains, oysters, low-fat dairy products, and carrots. The nutrition coming from food will generate a healthier cells that the body needs including our hair.